Friday, August 16, 2024

Announcing "In the Mourning Grove," My New Poetry Collection

To my fellow survivors & friends:


I’m writing to let you know about my new book, “In the Mourning Grove,” a collection of poems in the key of grief, now available for pre-order from Finishing Line Press.  

It was my dream to have a collection published in honor of Noah around the 10th anniversary of his death, and I’m very glad to finally announce the book’s arrival. Half the book is elegies about Noah and the experience of suicide loss, while the other half explores a range of losses, from parents’ divorce and early deaths to the loss of innocence and the passing of a beloved pet. Fellow poets have called the poems “vivid and visceral,” “unflinching and gorgeous,” noting that they “teach us about heartbreak and resilience” in ways that are ultimately life-affirming. “When some people bury a loved one after a suicide, they bury memories of their loved one’s life,” writes Dr. Kita Curry, former CEO of  Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, Los Angeles. “This brave and loving book highlights how important it is to continue to celebrate and find solace in their lives.”

I would so appreciate it if you’d pre-order a copy today for yourself and others at: In the Mourning Grove by Susan Auerbach – Finishing Line Press. Not only will you get the discounted pre-order price but if you order before September 13, 2024, you will help boost my royalty percentage. (All royalties will be donated to suicide prevention and suicide loss organizations through the Noah Langholz Remembrance Fund, as with my previous book, "I'll Write Your Name on Every Beach.") Your copies will be mailed by the publisher when the book is released on November 8, in time for the holiday season.

Many thanks for considering my request. I hope you'll find the poems meaningful.

Yours,

Susan

              

No comments:

Post a Comment